In today's highly competitive business climate, our reputation depends largely upon our integrity.
Since 1964, Davis Vision has built a solid reputation that our Clients, Members and Providers can depend upon. In preserving this long-standing tradition, integrity stands as the foundation for all our business endeavors.
Building a strong reputation is difficult, but losing it is easy. That is particularly true today as the health care industry, including health insurers, is under increasing scrutiny. Questionable or unlawful acts quickly erode public confidence, causing our customers to lose trust in us.
Davis Vision is determined to build upon and improve relationships with Members, Providers, Clients and other constituencies, using a deeply ingrained system of core values.
At Davis Vision, we embrace our Corporate Values. We recognize that it is not enough to merely comply with laws and regulations, but it’s imperative to abide by the highest ethical standards in serving our constituents and community. Therefore, it is important that we do not lose sight of one basic principle of integrity -- "We care not only for the end result, but how it is obtained." This means conducting ourselves with integrity in everything we do.
The responsibilities and expectations found in the Code of Business Conduct are not new. Davis Vision's Code of Business Conduct forms the backbone of our ethical culture. In fact, over the years it has become the cornerstone of Davis Vision's commitment to integrity and one of Davis Vision's core values.
In these Web pages, you will find Davis Vision's Code of Business Conduct that embodies our commitment to integrity and ethical business conduct. We invite you to review these standards and to hold us to them. This will allow us to preserve and strengthen our long tradition as an ethical organization.
These basic principles of integrity serve as a path to what is proper in most work situations, regardless of the job at hand. Davis Vision's associates use them as a primary road map to be successful at Davis Vision and in life.
- Personal and professional integrity is and has been our most important attribute;
- We care not only for the end result but also how it's obtained;
- We are honest and forthright. We observe all laws and regulations.
- But lawful behavior is not quite enough; ethical behavior is our standard;
- We trust our instincts to tell us that something is not quite right, and we ask questions whenever in doubt as to the proper course of action.
- Member, Provider and Client relations are the cornerstones of our business.
- They must be built upon credibility and mutual respect;
- We demand ethical conduct in all of our activities; and,
- We always do the right thing.